A7RII battery drain in Power Save Mode

I left by accident my new A7RII (on Airplane Mode) all night (7 hours) on Power Safe mode, and the battery drained from 35% to 15%, what is the objective of Power Safe Mode if the Battery Will drain at that high rate? Am I doing something wrong? thanks

The battery will drain at a _higher_ rate if Power Save Mode is not active! Better just to turn it of next time, and keep a spare (or two) charged batteries.

Benefit of Power Save Mode is that camera starts up faster than using the On/Off switch, with just a touch of the shutter button.

Even if the the camera is in airplane mode you can still have wi-fi on make sure it is turned off. I have had sony brand np-fw50 batteries discharge in turned off cameras and even out of the camera settings(as opposed to 3rd party wasabi and dste batteries that maintain a 100% charge). BTW all Sony A7 cameras contain a second rechargeable battery that maintains the calendar and your settings it recharges off the main battery while you shoot or from the usb cable while you charge your battery in camera, and that may be where the missing battery power went.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand that even when the camera is OFF there will be a battery drain and that's normal for the A7RII camera, at least for now until a possible fix via a future Firmware update. What would happened with the internal non user removable backup battery (to power the date, time, etc.) if I remove the main battery when not using the camera for a long period of time. Will the internal battery get discharged quickly and the settings for date and time will be lost? does anybody knows for how many days or weeks the internal battery will maintain the data for Date and Time before fully discharging? Thanks