A7rii QC issues and overheating

So my a7rii came in the mail yesterday and after using it for a bit I noticed that the center dial button had a decent amount of play and made a squeaking sound when half pressed anyone else have this problem? Also the body seemed to get a bit warm and was very noticeable on the bottom near the tripod mount. 

Not sure where to put this, but...

There's a 'known' over heating issue when shooting 4k for long periods of time. Dan Chung mentioned it in his initial review over on Newsshooter. I just did my own test, plonked my camera on a tripod infront of the TV. Here is the order of events:

I opened out the back screen, so it was as far away from the body as posisble. I read over on DVX user that the LCD flush against the back caused excess heat with some Sony cameras.

4k 25p, super 35, peaking on, zebra on, steady shot on = recorded for full 29 minutes

Same settings, but Full Frame = again full 29 minutes

Changed battery at this point.

Back to Super 35, at this point it shut down after about 15 minutes with a temperature warning. 

Switched it back on straight away and got another 5 minutes before same warning and turn off.

Ambient room temperature = not sure, night time, indoors, cool enough for a tshirt, not hot enough to sweat! Will definitely take this account though if I need to shoot long interviews. 

The overheating occurred when I was setting my up my custom buttons, i did not shoot any video and at most took 10 or so stills. It overheated simply from being idle. 

Overheated from idle? Definitely want to exchange for another one.

Getting warm is not overheating. Overheating is a warning message. So try to record 4k before you say it's overheating. I had a Sony xperia Z2 or rather (3 pcs) which was impossible to shoot 4k with or even use the camera normally. If I had been on instagram for ie. 10 minutes the camera closed down immediately upon activation and the phones got approx. 50 degrees hot after 20 min. Surfing on chrome. So after 3 different devices I got myself an samsung S5.

Some of the heating problems if I may say is because of the small body and total enclosure of the chips. I dont know if there is any heatpipes in the camera for cooling (the Z2 had heatpipes but it didn't help).

A good old DSLT with a large body would never have heating problems or at least only after a much longer period.

David

Please refer to page 95 of A7RII manual. It is clearly stated there that for temperatures 20-30 degrees Celsius, maximum 4K recording time is 29 minutes and when it goes up to 40 degrees celsius it will be shortened to 22 minutes.

I guess it's wise if Sony would have stated these limitations previously elsewhere for would be buyers other than just in the manual.