Sony a7ii SteadyShot Test - LA-EA2 + SAL70400G SSM II

Yes, that is an improvement. However, no one of 3 shots @100mm is sharp, so not even close to 4 stops. The results @55mm are surprisingly good for such a long exposure time without the IS. Again, hard to evaluate the difference quantitatively. I would like to see the difference in the exposure time that would allow for e.g. 50% of sharp shots. Hope to see the statistics in the future DPR review or elsewhere. My guess is 1 to 2 stops, the same for the video vith the 70-400G.

Thank you Andrea. However, I am disappointed with the results. 1/8 s @ 55 mm is still not sharp. Hardly 2 stops difference. And not a single sharp shot here, just some *improvement*. Same question: what is the difference in the shutter speed region where some reasonable percentage of shots are sharp? That is, how effective is the IS for complete camera shake compensation? B/c you usually do not need just "better" sharpness, you need it on absolute scale.  

Thank you Andrea. However, I am disappointed with the results. 1/8 s @ 55 mm is still not sharp. Hardly 2 stops difference. And not a single sharp shot here, just some *improvement*. Same question: what is the difference in the shutter speed region where some reasonable percentage of shots are sharp? That is, how effective is the IS for complete camera shake compensation? B/c you usually do not need just "better" sharpness, you need it on absolute scale.  

Lets Gary Fong play more with this new camera, that he gets used to it!