Fotodiox EOS adapter: Crop-mode or full-frame?

I've preordered the a7Rii, intending to use it with several Canon EOS EF (full frame) lenses. I've also ordered the Sony FE 28mm f2 "native" lens.

I'm reluctant to get a $400 Metabones iV adapter if a $100 adapter will work nearly as well. However, when I read the specs on the Fotodiox ebay web-site and the BhPhotoVideo.com web-page, the wording seems to indicate that the camera + lens + adapter will operate in "crop mode".

Here are links to the FotodioX adapter that was recommended by Brian Smith:

http://briansmith.com/gear/sony-lens-adapters/

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/994949-REG/fotodiox_eos_auto_nex_p_adapter_for_canon_ef.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Mount-Lens-to-Sony-NEX-E-Mount-Camera-w-Full-Automated-Functions-/361291413449

The image of the adapter indicates "EF-NEX Auto", which suggests "crop mode". Or not?

On the FotodioX webpage:

Note: Canon EF lenses will activate the auto-crop function of full frame E-mount cameras such as the Sony A7, if auto-crop is turned off then EF lenses will vignette on full frame E-mount cameras.

On the B&H webpage:

The Adapter for Canon EF and EF-S Lens to Sony NEX Mount Camera (Auto) from FotodioX allows a Canon EF and EF-S lens to attach to a Sony NEX camera body. Adapting a larger format lens to a smaller format sensor provides optical as well as practical advantages. The smaller image field helps minimize the effects of lens distortion and aberration by using the center or "sweet spot" of the larger lens' image circle, thus providing edge-to-edge sharpness

You're reading all the wrong stuff.

Metabones adapters are available as FF compatible

across their entire line. A "SpeedBooster" is not

an adapter ... it's an accessory optic, like a TC

but for the opposite application as a TC. They're

not intended for FF bodies.

You don't want a "dumb" adapter for EF lenses, as

you will have no way to set the aperture. There

are such adapters, and they are not useless. They

adapt fully manual lenses that happen to have a

Canon EF mount, but are not truly EF lenses, in

that they do not operate electronically. Example

would be cine lenses.

Finally, do not "read into" labeling jargon. "Nex"

means one thing to Sony [APS-C E-mount], but can

mean something far less specific to a company who

makes adapters and doesn't bother updating their

labeling as newer cameras come out. IOW, you will

likely find such a beast as a "FF Nex adapter". It

sounds like a contradiction in terms, but really

is just sloppy use of jargon. IOW, it's for "FE"

cameras such as the A7.

`

Fotodiox ef active adapter works great with most ef lenses in full frame mode on current Sony A7S and A7R and allegedly will work even better on the A7Rii. I did all my spring flower photos with the fotodiox adapter A7R and zeiss ze 135APO.

Sorry I was unable to attach any of my files they were too big. BTW I also own both a mteabones 3 and 4; the 3 does not work at all and I blame for binning my A7R shutter (sony fixed under warranty) and a 4 that woks sporadically.