Neewer vs. Vivitar Battery Grip

Does anyone have any experience with either the Neewer or the Vivitar battery grips for the a6000? Gary Fong has an unboxing video, but nothing about whether the grip works as promised. There are mixed reviews on Amazon regarding the functionality and quality of the grip. So, I would love to hear if any owners of either one have comments.

I have bought me the NEEWER battery grip for my A6000.  It works fine so far, but first, I had to cut a like plastic edge off, so that the camera display can be flipped. The plastic made is a little on the cheap side, but it is O.K. for its costs. Handling on the A6000 is fine, while I am using it with my quiet heavy FE 70-200mm zoom lens! The two batteries coming with the package, are not of the best qualities, lasting not very long, but are usable. In general, the battery loadings have to be permanently watched, which is I guess quiet normal for today's use of electronic cameras!

Under the line, I am happy with this low cost product!   ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the Neewer version, been using for a month now. I've had 0 problems so far, time will tell if it holds up. It is made from a cheaper plastic but its not so bad. It does prohibit the screen from moving as freely as it should but from above post, it can be shaven down to have it move as it should. I too, have it to use with my FE 70-200, which it helps with holdability and comfort. For the price I am more than satisfied.

• 3 weeks later...

OP: " Gary Fong has an unboxing video, but nothing about whether the grip works as promised."

Hilarious and a perfect commentary on the state of "tech journalism" today.  They show us the packaging, recite the feature list, then.... oops, attention span exceeded, gotta move on.