Sony A7S broken front dial

Hi,

I just bought a new A7S from amazon, and the front dial broke after a few minutes. It doesn't click anymore jsut rotates smoothly and aperture doesn't change.

I'm probably going to return it to amazon, but before I do I want to know the following:

Is it something I can fix myself?

Is there a way to change aperture by using a custom button, or the front dial is the only way?

Thank you guys,

I am really annoyed :(

Greg

It was bought on Amazon from the "used" section. I can return it within 30 days for full refund. But it's a huge hassle, and I live in Cyprus, I don't trust shipping from here so much.

I'm trying to contact Sony to see if it still has warranty, or if it's a fix for 50-100 euro I prefer to do that. 

I'm just wondering if there is a way to change aperture without the front dial. Is there? If there is I don't mind losing the front dial, because the camera cost 1400 euro instead of 2000 euro.

Hey thanks for the response!

It's definitely not locked. I think the "grinding teeth" around the wheel broke from the inside.

I tried the Dial Setup but then I can't change the shutter speed! I found another workaround by holding the AEL button and turning the shutter speed wheel. It then changes both shutter speec & aperture, and then change the shutter again by itself.

I'm going to call Sony in the morning see how much it costs to fix. Thanks for the help!