Sony a7II with Pocket Wizard Plus III

I recently bought a Sony a7II and yesterday tried to use it with a Pocket Wizard Plus III attached to the camera;s flash shoe to my studio flash units.  The flash setup worked as it should however, I found that when I wanted to use a high shutter speed and and aperture conbination that went well below the ambient light level in my studio, the camera's EVF was went so dark that it was impossible to use.    I realise that this feature with the mirrorless cameras can be an asset for fill flash out doors (when working with the ambient light) and generally for getting an idea what the exposure would look like, but in this instance, when all I want to do is use manual flash as the only light source, the ability to view and focus on my subject was a frustrating exercise.    I'm sure I've missed something in the settings of the camera, can anyone help me with this?

I recently bought a Sony a7II and yesterday tried to use it with a Pocket Wizard Plus III attached to the camera;s flash shoe to my studio flash units.  The flash setup worked as it should however, I found that when I wanted to use a high shutter speed and and aperture conbination that went well below the ambient light level in my studio, the camera's EVF was went so dark that it was impossible to use.    I realise that this feature with the mirrorless cameras can be an asset for fill flash out doors (when working with the ambient light) and generally for getting an idea what the exposure would look like, but in this instance, when all I want to do is use manual flash as the only light source, the ability to view and focus on my subject was a frustrating exercise.    I'm sure I've missed something in the settings of the camera, can anyone help me with this?

Look for Setting Effects and turn it off.

It won't show your exposure with current SS/aperture/ISO.

Look for Setting Effects and turn it off.

It won't show your exposure with current SS/aperture/ISO.

Thank you for your prompt response.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find any setting that enabled me to turn off the feature of the EVF & rear screen reflecting the ambient light exposure i.e too dark to black image if under exposed or too light if exposure setting was over exposed.   

Thank you for your prompt response.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find any setting that enabled me to turn off the feature of the EVF & rear screen reflecting the ambient light exposure i.e too dark to black image if under exposed or too light if exposure setting was over exposed.   

I missed this article when I initially checked.  Anyway, it does provide some answers to the issue.

http://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/621-mirrorless-and-flash/

Custom Settings (icon looks like Torx screw) -> Live View Display -> Setting Effects

Hope that is better.