Sony Issues/Questions with the A7II

Hi there,

I've had my A7II for about a month, and have some questions i'd like to know if others have experienced...

1. Does the backside of your grib also "wear" a bit?. The edge to the left of my "rec" button seem to have become "blank", has anyone experienced this, and is it just to be expected?

2. My rubber hood around my viewfinder is coming loose in both sides, anyone experienced this?

3. I was shooting an event with my Yongnuo 560 III attached, and sometimes experienced that it didn't fire, it helped when I wiggled it a bit. Would that be my flash or my camera failing?

Would greatly appreciate if you would share your experiences with these issues :)

/Anton

Texture pattern on rubber always wears

down. Flash connections for large flash

unit directly on-camera always sketchy.

I have a used A7M2 and there's no grief

about the rubber on the eyepiece. But I

can guess by the way it protrudes that

it wouldn't favor being jam-packed into,

and out of, a tight space way too often.

`

2. Mine became a bit loose in the first weeks but then no more after that and so far it did not fall off. Eventually Sony will sell replacements (if they don't already)

3. Problem of contacts between flash unit and body, depends on what you are doing (same for 1) ... like Golem said.

I experienced the same problem with the rubber hood around the viewfinder.  As Golem pointed out, it was a result of hurriedly pulling the camera out of the bag that it was in.  I put the tiniest bit of Krazy Glue on the rubber piece and affixed it to the viewfinder.  Hasn't been an issue since.  Not too much though because that mistake can be disastrous.