Replace your "cheap" E-mount with proper full metal one sold by Fotodiox!

SAR_admin

• 2 weeks later...

I am highly skeptical if this is even a good idea, as often devices are designed with points of failure which actually makes the product *better*. 

As think about it, if your lenses get ripped off, would you rather a cheap and easily replaced part gets broken (the mount) or would you rather the body itself gets ripped apart in the process? (which is what would happen if the mount is too strong, and the fail point ends up being the body itself which is much much harder to fix and replace)

I feel skeptical about replacing a lens mount myself. I do think that I'm a handy man and the process looks easy. However, if the mount is 0.1cm not flat to the sensor, then am I not introducing focus problems that weren't there before? I get that some people are bothered by the plastic in the OEM mount. But are there real reports of lens dropping from the mount?

• 4 weeks later...

I am highly skeptical if this is even a good idea, as often devices are designed with points of failure which actually makes the product *better*. 

As think about it, if your lenses get ripped off, would you rather a cheap and easily replaced part gets broken (the mount) or would you rather the body itself gets ripped apart in the process? (which is what would happen if the mount is too strong, and the fail point ends up being the body itself which is much much harder to fix and replace)

You're not serious - do you have an issue with lenses being ripped from your camera bodies?

As a shooter since the mid-60's everything was made of metal and lasted until now. It was expected. Pople are returning to the glass of yesteryear for that build quality. Don't have a meed for a 'quick relaease' lens mount yet...

• 2 months later...

I wonder what the original design objective of Sony was to use the non-metallic separator (or whatever it should be called).  I'have to look later today to see if it is like that on my a5100.  I'm not sure I would fool with the mount ring, but if I could find any challenge to it (and the original really did cause "wobble") I could be convinced.

• 7 months later...

I changed the mount on my stock A7. After the swap, one of my adapters no longer "clicks" into place. It is either the Novoflex to Nikon (more likely) or the Novoflex to Leica. Overall not a probblem but if you rotate the lens focus ring, you risk having the lens disconnect from the camera. I have decided to swap back to the stock mount. BTW, an email to Novoflex and another to Fotodiox got me no response. I guess no one wants to take responsibility.