Sigma 150-600mm + FotodioX Pro not working

mtman

After much research and thought I recently purchased a new Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Canon mount and a FotodioX Pro EOS to NEX Auto adaptor. I'm hoping to use this set-up eventually on a new A7rII, but was excited to get going with it on my old NEX-7. It all hooks up, but there is a lot of play on the NEX-7 mount. There is no auto focus at all, or aperture control. When I loosened and relocked the camera I could get aperture control to appear for a few seconds. I called Fotodiox and was told there should be no problem using this lens/camera combo so I returned the adapter to Adorama and got another one. The second has the same problems, but I was able to get aperture control for a longer period, but never managed to get a picture taken before it reverted to wide open.

I don't have a Canon or  A7 body to test the lens with, but will try to get ahold of at least a Canon to see if there is a problem with the lens.

Anybody have experience adapting Sigma zooms to any A7 bodies or NEX? After reading Brian Smith's adapter review page I was hoping the Fotodiox would work.

• 1 month later...