External battery charging via USB

Hi all.  I've got a A7ii that I'll be taking with me on a 2 week Peru trip, including the Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu.  This means that I'll need to worry about keeping batteries charged.  I've got a portable Solar panel, and a batter pack.  That batter pack has USB (both full size, and micro) ports for charging things.  Does anyone know of an external battery charger that can draw power from USB?  I could plug the camera in directly during the evening, but I think I'll need to rotate at least 2 batteries to keep charged all day, and keep the camera ready to shoot, and not plugged in.

I did some searching, but haven't come up with anything yet.  Has anyone done anything like this before?

thanks!

Brian

i have a digipower universal battery charger that can charge via usb i believe,i got it from amazon,the camera itself charges via usb but not sure if u can shoot while its charging 

perfect, thanks!  I'll look into that one.  That would be perfect, as I would like to have 1 battery charging in my pack, while I'm climbing and shooting with the other.

thanks again!

Cant shoot while charging (Silly), and many of the portable batteries don't seem to have the "juice" to charge the Sony battery while in camera.  I think it has to be over a certain amp rating >5amp or something.

This is from my VERY limited testing of my USB batteries.

Cant shoot while charging (Silly), and many of the portable batteries don't seem to have the "juice" to charge the Sony battery while in camera. I think it has to be over a certain amp rating >5amp or something [...].

The other models don't, but the A7Rii does allow charging while shooting - which is an excellent feature, very useful for timelapse.

Since the batteries tend to charge rather slowly, the majority of power packs ought to be ample (look for 5W / 1A or greater charge rate) - maybe try a different cable if yours isn't charging?

Verax:

Search for FW50 USB - there are several camera battery chargers that will take power from a USB power pack (or mains USB charger of course), eg "Ex-Pro".

My post said not sure if it can charge while shooting.laptops charge while using them so it would only make sense u could shoot while plugged into a charging source not so "silly" I don't think.

Cant shoot while charging (Silly), and many of the portable batteries don't seem to have the "juice" to charge the Sony battery while in camera.  I think it has to be over a certain amp rating >5amp or something.

This is from my VERY limited testing of my USB batteries.

Verax:

Search for FW50 USB - there are several camera battery chargers that will take power from a USB power pack (or mains USB charger of course), eg "Ex-Pro".

Yup, got one on the way!  Thanks.

My post said not sure if it can charge while shooting.laptops charge while using them so it would only make sense u could shoot while plugged into a charging source not so "silly" I don't think.

I read your post.  (Silly) meant its silly we can't all charge while using camera.  Don't get so defensive...  :)

Maybe a firmware update to fix this, but wouldn't put it past sony to hobble its older cameras.